Copyright Infringement Policy
Modified: October 25, 2023
At WPS, we have the utmost respect for intellectual property rights, in accordance with Hong Kong's Copyright Ordinance (Chapter 528). If you believe that your work has been copied in a manner that constitutes copyright infringement, we encourage you to get in touch with us and provide the relevant information for further investigation.
To report alleged copyright infringement, please provide us with the following details:
1. A statement identifying yourself as the copyright owner or as an authorized representative acting on behalf of the copyright owner.
2. Clear identification of the copyrighted material that has allegedly been infringed.
3. Specific information about the material claimed to be infringing or the subject of infringing activity, with a request for its removal or disabling of access.
4. Sufficient details to enable us to locate the allegedly infringing material.
5. Contact information, including a physical address, email address, and telephone number, to facilitate communication with you regarding the matter.
6. A statement affirming that you have a good faith belief that the use of the material complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
7. A statement confirming that the information provided in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
To submit reports related to copyright infringement or to address concerns about the removal or blocking of content, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upon receiving a notification of alleged copyright infringement, WPS will follow these steps to address the matter in compliance with Hong Kong's Copyright Ordinance:
1. Review the Notification: We will meticulously review the provided notification to ensure it meets the requirements specified by the Copyright Ordinance, including verifying the completeness and accuracy of the information provided.
2. Temporary Action: If the notification appears to be valid and meets the necessary criteria, we may take temporary action, such as disabling access to the allegedly infringing material, while the investigation is in progress. This action aims to prevent further potential infringement during the assessment.
3. Verification: WPS will conduct a comprehensive investigation to confirm the claims made in the notification. This may involve comparing the allegedly infringing material with the original work and assessing whether copyright infringement has occurred.
4. Contacting the Parties: We may reach out to both the copyright owner or their representative who submitted the notification and the user or account holder associated with the allegedly infringing material to gather additional information and seek clarifications.
5. Resolution: Based on the outcome of the investigation, if copyright infringement is established, appropriate actions will be taken. This may include permanently removing the infringing material, disabling access to it, or taking other measures to rectify the infringement.
6. Counter-Notification Review: If a counter-notification is submitted in response to the initial claim of infringement, WPS will review the counter-notification to ensure it complies with the requirements of the Copyright Ordinance.
7. Legal Considerations: Throughout the process, WPS will adhere to the legal requirements and guidelines outlined in the Hong Kong Copyright Ordinance to protect the rights of all parties involved.
It's important to note that the specific actions taken by WPS will depend on the circumstances of each individual case and the findings of the investigation. Our goal is to handle copyright infringement claims in a fair and timely manner, ensuring the protection of intellectual property rights in accordance with Hong Kong's laws and regulations.
Similarly, if you are a User or subscriber and wish to provide a counter-notification in response to content removal or access blocking, please follow these guidelines:
1. Clearly state that you are the User or subscriber or an authorized representative acting on their behalf.
2. Identify the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled, along with the location where the material appeared before its removal or access was disabled.
3. Provide a statement, under penalty of perjury, affirming that you have a good faith belief that the removal or disabling of the material was a result of mistake or misidentification.
4. Include your name, address, and telephone number, along with a statement consenting to the jurisdiction of the courts of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR).
5. Declare that you will accept service of process from the person who submitted the notification of alleged infringement or their agent.
Please be aware that intentional misrepresentation of material or activity removal under the Hong Kong Copyright Ordinance may lead to liability. Furthermore, WPS maintains a policy that allows for the termination, in appropriate circumstances, of Users or subscribers who repeatedly engage in copyright infringement.